Winter is going by very quickly this year in Ottawa. We had a late start but we have already started looking ahead to our busiest time of the year; air conditioner season! In 2017, air conditioning contractors in Ottawa will be busy installing new cooling products in the area. We are preparing for the rush by examining our top performing air conditioner products last year.
In 2016, our most popular cooling product was from Lennox. This is different than years past where Amana was our top supplier. At AirZone, we always take advantage of promotions from our cooling manufacturers. This is the reason that Lennox was so successful for us last year. We were able to purchase a large volume of air conditioner units that aligned with the Ontario Power Authorities rebates. We were able to offer very popular two stage air conditioners at a great price.
This year, cooling manufacturers are increasing their pricing mostly due to the lower exchange rate of the Canadian Dollar. With cost increases for all suppliers (not just our suppliers), now is a great time to beat the rush and purchase your air conditioner at a lower price before the rates are increased. We project that this will happen around March of this year. By planning ahead, you will not only save money. You will also guarantee an earlier installation date so that you can enjoy your new air conditioner all summer.
When choosing which air conditioning product is right for your home, let our experts help you with that decision. We have some exciting new products available from American Standard, and many great options from Lennox and Amana.
We also offer financing packages with an easy online approval. By financing your air conditioner, you will enjoy all of the energy savings with no large up front deposit. Our Ottawa HVAC services include financing for your new heating and cooling equipment. We also offer an open loan financing approach which allows you to pay off the balance of your loan at any time!
Air Conditioner Companies Ottawa
With so many choices for air conditioner installation companies in Ottawa, it is important to follow these steps to ensure you are hiring a qualified HVAC professional:
- Make sure to ask for proof of licensing and insurance prior to any deposits being given.
- Get a second opinion for the cooling equipment before you commit to a purchase.
- Never fall for door to door sales. It is always best to call to receive your quote so you know who your are dealing with. There is a common scam in Ottawa with companies going door to door saying they are from a utility company when they actually work for an air conditioner dealer. When they are in your home, they often pressure you into an air conditioner purchase you may not need (at a highly inflated rate).
- Research the products that are recommended to ensure you are receiving all of the benefits that you want in an air conditioner.
- Ask you neighbors who they have used for their cooling services. Neighbors are a great information source to recommend a quality heating and cooling dealer.
- Check with WSIB to see if there are any claims against the company. This is one of the best ways to make sure you are dealing with a quality company.
- Ask the comfort advisor if their workers are employed directly or are subcontracted. At AirZone, we keep air conditioner installers on staff to ensure a high quality installation of your cooling equipment.
- Look at the reviews on Google Maps and make sure they are legit. When you see a lot of reviews that are written in a similar manner this may be a warning sign. Also, make sure that there is enough volume of reviews to provide an accurate measurement of the company. For example, a company with a 5 star rating with only three reviews may not be the preferred choice over a company with 50 reviews and a 4.6 rating.
- Check multiple review websites. By looking at Facebook, Homestars, and other review websites you will get a much better idea of a cooling companies reputation.
- Check the Better Business Bureau. Another factor when examining whether to hire a cooling company is how they deal with disputes. Look for disputes that have been satisfied as an indication of a company that is dedicated to satisfying their cooling customers.
At AirZone, we are extremely dedicated to the highest customer service for new air conditioner installations, repair, and maintenance in Ottawa and the Valley. We ask that you consider our family run company as your air conditioner installer. We offer free quotes on new equipment, and employ a no pressure sales approach.
Thank you for reading and stay cool this summer!