As the summer air conditioner rush slows down, AirZone is shifting its focus to heating Ottawa homes. One of the most important things you can do every year is to get your furnace serviced by a professional technician. Did you know that you can beat the rush and save on your furnace maintenance? Contact us ahead of time to get your system ready and you will save!
One of the misconceptions about Ottawa furnace maintenance is that you have to do this right before you turn your system on. This is not the case. AirZone offers a great maintenance bundle that allows you to maintain your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. One visit by us means money back in your pocket!
Here are a few suggestions from our annual checklist to help you get your system ready for the fall:
General guidelines for keeping your home’s warmth and efficiency:
- Have a AirZone HVAC professionally inspect your home’s ducts and cooling equipment.
- Set your thermostat to 68°F when you’re at home and awake, and as low as 60°F when you’re asleep or awake.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters every month.
- Clean chimney and check to see if your fireplace is working correctly.
- Seal any air leaks in the attic, basement and crawlspace, and especially around windows and doors.
- Insulate windows with heavy-duty, clear plastic. Kits are available at most hardware stores.
- Check your attic for proper insulation. Remember than insulation should never be compressed for optimal value.
- Close shades and curtains at night and keep them open during the daytime
- Clean windows on the south side of your house to maximize sunlight exposure.
- Add weather-stripping to doors that lead to the exterior or to cold
- Wrap and insulate waterlines to prevent them from freezing.
- Repair leaky faucets.
When you choose AirZone HVAC Services for your heating and cooling needs, you are choosing a dealer who is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer service in the HVAC industry. Our expert furnace installers and technicians are here to help guide you through the process, offer clear and honest advice, and perform a furnace installation or maintenance that meets and exceeds the Ottawa building codes. The end result is a quality installation or service backed by our quality you can trust guarantee!