replace air conditioner
When To Replace Your System
When to Replace your Air Conditioner and Furnace
To repair or replace... That is the question that likely comes to mind whenever your heating or cooling system stops working like it should. Although repairing may be the most affordable solution now, it might not be the best choice over the long run.
Factors to consider include:
Fifty Percent Rule
When the cost of repairs approaches 50% of the value of your heating or cooling system, it’s generally time to replace the system.
Other Rules of Thumb
Even if needed repair costs aren’t quite as daunting as 50%, you might want to replace your system if it’s more than 12 years old or you’ve had a history of problems with it. Also, it might be worthwhile to take advantage of one of several opportunities:
- Convenience – When you purchase a new system, you can avoid the hassle of unexpected repairs down the line, and you don’t have to sit around uncomfortable while waiting for parts.
- Lower utility bills – A high-efficiency home comfort system can save you hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs, compared to an older system.
- Energy tax credits – You can recover up to 30% of the cost of select high-efficiency systems in the form of tax credits.
- Friendlier refrigerant – Due to growing environmental concerns, the U.S. federal government has mandated that all HVAC manufacturers phase R-22 refrigerant-based equipment out of production. In response, Lennox now mainly manufactures cooling systems with R-410A, a U.S. EPA-approved, chlorine-free refrigerant.
- Enhanced comfort – Advanced technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control and a constant flow of conditioned air.
- Improved air quality – Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth.
Cost of Repair versus Age of Equipment Comparison Charts:
Furnace Repair vs. Replace
Air Conditioner Repair vs. Replace
|At AirZone HVAC Services, we have based our business on providing the best information, products, and services in the industry.|
|Contact us today to see why we are a different type of company! With our excellent promotions, unprecedented satisfaction guarantee, and comfortable no pressure sales approach, can you really afford to go anywhere else?|
|Contact AirZone HVAC Services|